The construction of the current church of Immaculate Heart of Mary was launched in 1948. It was designed by architect Andrew Boni from Warsaw, who modeled his plan on the earlier church of Purest Heart of Mary on the square Szembek in Warsaw. The foundations devoted during the canonical visitation on 5 September 1948, Ignatius Świrski. Under the Bulli John Paul II 'Totus Tuus Poloniae Populus' on 25 March 1992 the church was raised to the dignity of Concatedral.
Konkatedra Niepokalanego Serca NMPOpen in new window